Internet Key Exchange (version 2) is an IPSec based tunnelling protocol that was jointly developed by Microsoft and Cisco, dubbed VPN Connect by Microsoft, IKEv2 is particularly good at automatically re-establishing a VPN connection when users temporarily lose their internet connections (such as when entering or leaving a train tunnel).
Mobile users in particular, therefore, benefit the most from using IKEv2, which because of its support for the MobilityandMultihoming (MOBIKE) protocol, also makes it highly resilient to changing networks. This is great news for cell phone users who, for example, connect their smartphones to a WiFi network while at home but switch to mobile data use when out and about, or who regularly switch between hotspots
1. Tap the settings icon as marked below:
2. Tap VPN to enter its settings.
3. Scroll down to the bottom and tap "Add VPN Configuration"
4. Make sure your profile looks the same as the settings and image below:
Type: IKEv2 Description:Anything you like, we will use TorGuard VPN Server: hostname you would like to connect to, they can be found here Remote ID: vpn.secureconnect.me Local ID: Leave Blank Authentication: Username Username: Your TG VPN Service Username Password: Your TG VPN Service Password Proxy: OFF
Click "Done" in the top right-hand corner when finished - it should look as below:
5. Now we need to import the IKEv2 Root CA - visit the certificates page in your TorGuard client area and scroll down to the IPSec IKEv2 CA - click to download certificate.
6. It should prompt you to allow this download, click Allow.
7. Navigate back to Settings and under your Apple ID and Account name you should see "Profile Downloaded" tap this.
8. Now Tap Install on the top right hand corner.
9. You will see an additional warning, again tap Install.
10. The profile should now be installed and verified - tap done.
11. Now head back to Settings --> VPN and locate your VPN profile you just created, slide the slider to the right to connect, it should now display connected as the image below.
Your VPN should now be connected - if you still have problems, please don't hesitate to contact our support desk.