This article explains how to disable and re-enable Gatekeeper in Mac OS X 10.8. This is vital for users needing to use TG VPN software with Mac OS X 10.8 and above.
OS X 10.8 features a new security feature called Gatekeeper which prevents the installation of malware by controlling the types of software that can be installed. At this time, many developers have not released signed versions of their applications and installers.
To enable installation of these applications, Gatekeeper must be disabled at the beginning of the installation process.
Note: Gatekeeper only needs to be disabled during the initial installation and running of the application; after that, it can and should be re-enabled.
1) Navigate to System Preferences from the Apple Menu or from the Dock.
2) Click on the Security & Privacy preference pane, under the Personal header.
3) In the Security & Privacy pane, click on the Lock icon on the bottom-left.
4) Enter your Mac's username and password and click Unlock.
5) Click the radio button next to Anywhere.
6) When prompted, click Allow From Anywhere. You can now install any compatible application on your Mac without the installation being blocked.