TorGuard
Rabidstoat

Android Media box using VPN and local network problem

Rate this question

Question

Hi,

this has probably been answered before or is documented somewhere, but cant seem to see it.

Using the Android client on a minix U1 media box thingy .. connects fine etc. But can't browse the local network when connected. All works again once i disconnect. Is there a setting i'm missing? 

the client from another VPN company worked ok in this scenario.

works fine on the PC for what its worth but thats a totally different stack and setup i know.

any clues?

thanks for any help

7 answers to this question

Hello,

Currently we don't let local networks bypass the vpn, we are however going to include an option to allow you to do so in a next release.

I believe the openvpn connect app allows this currently.

Regards

i have the same issue, on Android TV App APK version V1.1.27 , i can't connect to any local network drives, after installed the software, the only way to access local network drives is "disable/disconnect" Torguard

No issue on Window Version (no issue on Private Internet Access),

Switching to Torguard (from Private Internet Access) is not a good idea (for android box users as Torguard software still lacking a lot of features.

i have the same issue, on Android TV App APK version V1.1.27 , i can't connect to any local network drives, after installed the software, the only way to access local network drives is "disable/disconnect" Torguard

No issue on Window Version (no issue on Private Internet Access),

Switching to Torguard (from Private Internet Access) is not a good idea (for android box users as Torguard software still lacking a lot of features.

Hey there, we do apologise for the delay in this feature but it will be in our next release.

Best Regards

Did you ever add it to any release, as it is not working on my android-tv, if you did is there some documented about it

Thanks

52 minutes ago, Dan_C said:

Did you ever add it to any release, as it is not working on my android-tv, if you did is there some documented about it

Thanks

Yes this is was added, just a note that our TV and Tablet versions are both one app, prior they where 2 different apps - you can download the .apk here https://torguard.net/downloads.php

Regards