TorGuard
Andy

How to connect / disconnect via script?

Rate this question

Question

How can I connect to a specific city (say, Seattle) via command-line or script?  The Windows client is great, but I'd like to be able to fire up torguard and connect to (or disconnect from) the vpn via script.

Using Windows 7.  Batch script, powershell, even perl or other languages would be fine.  I don't need full working code - but was surprised not to find examples via my searches.

I have the "Anonymous VPN" service, if that matters - I see openvpn.exe, ss-local.exe, TorGuardDesktopQt.exe and TorGuardWindowsUtilities.exe in my installation directory.

Many thanks for any help!

10 answers to this question

god damn good question... I was going to go the autoIT route but finding any scripts has been challenging, if you find any or make headway please update OP or add on the thread, thanks!

This is great news!  I'd sort of lost hope, now I'm happy again :)

Hey guys - we have a command line interface coming in around 2 releases from now.

Best Regards

Hey guys - we have a command line interface coming in around 2 releases from now.

Hi - Any update on the command line interface, for Windows users especially?  Thanks --Andy

Hi - Any update on the command line interface, for Windows users especially?  Thanks --Andy

Andy, im sorry for the delay on this, we had quite a few other things we wanted to finnish first - i moved it to the release after next so expect it in 0.3.71

Regards

Andy, im sorry for the delay on this, we had quite a few other things we wanted to finnish first - i moved it to the release after next so expect it in 0.3.71

Hi - I'm following up on the command-line support.  I installed 0.3.71, and read through the release notes at https://torguard.net/forums/index.php?/topic/1214-torguard-client-v0371/

but don't see anything about command-line.  Is this still on the roadmap?

Thanks --Andy

REALLY need this implemented

need command line options for connect/disconnect,protocol server ect  

if this isn't implemented by the time my bill cycle is up i am changing providers 

its a must have for management scripts not everybody wants there vpns to run all the time

HI Support Staff - Following up on this, one last time.  What's going on with command-line support, on Windows (Win10, at this point)?  Will it be added as a feature? 

I'm hoping for a definitive answer.

Thanks --Andy