TorGuard
Rakshasa

Netflix won't work

Rate this topic

My understanding after switching from unblock us is that shared ip addresses easy to trace and block and hence you need a dedicated ip address which costs more. Got US netflix running on desktop easy enough but struggled with android phone and android tablet. Found instructions about setting up pptp vpn on android in knowledgebase. Not very clear if you need dedicated ip or not but I got that impression from chat function. Tried to paste link but cant. Go to knowledgebase then anonymous vpn how to then android how to then setting up pptp vpn on android. Would really like some clarity from Torguard as to whether you need a dedicated IP to get round geographic blocks set up by netflix to block services such as unblock us. Hope this helps anyone with dedicated IP address from Torguard. If anyone knows how to set samsung Smart TV to see Torguard ip and not normal wireless would be grateful.

I have dedicated US ip and it works great :D they will also give 50% lifetime,contact support for details...

The reason I signed up with Torguard is that I was guaranteed by a support agent that connection to Netflix was possible in both the UK and US. Netflix US recently stopped working with a message saying it recognised I was behind a VPN. When I asked support about this the response was;

"Unfortunately all our shared IP's are now blocked -shared IP's are being blocked at a rate of every 2/3 days, we can’t sustain that unfortunately.

Right now we only have a dedicated IP's left in these regions USA/UK/France/Italy/Germany, they come in at 4 USD p/m if that is of any help to you. "

What a scam! First we will get you to sign up and take your money that we won't provide the service we said we would.

I think a full refund should be issued.

Alan

The reason I signed up with Torguard is that I was guaranteed by a support agent that connection to Netflix was possible in both the UK and US. Netflix US recently stopped working with a message saying it recognised I was behind a VPN. When I asked support about this the response was;

"Unfortunately all our shared IP's are now blocked -shared IP's are being blocked at a rate of every 2/3 days, we can’t sustain that unfortunately.

Right now we only have a dedicated IP's left in these regions USA/UK/France/Italy/Germany, they come in at 4 USD p/m if that is of any help to you. "

What a scam! First we will get you to sign up and take your money that we won't provide the service we said we would.

I think a full refund should be issued.

Alan

Hello

We are not here to scam anyone, it is true that the more users using shared IP's the quicker they get blocked, we only have a few select subnets that work with these services, according to users there IP's last for months at a time so rather than throwing them all into shared pools they will last 2/3 4 days at max, users could get some use out them if they are assigned as a dedicated.

Unfortunately giving 1 IP to 1 user comes with a cost and due to the amount of users who request IP's we have to charge the bare minimum, IPv4 are not cheap these days and we make nothing from them!

If you think thats a scam then that’s you prerogative but 99.9% of users are quite happy.

Best Regards

Hello there, please send me your ticket number, we have fixes for most Netflix locations, did you maybe have a location we don't yet have available?

Regards

Can you help me with this ticket? 

/A

Aha :), reading and reading, I still dont get some people.

1. TorGuard offers you plenty of products vor various purpose
  2. TorGuard is mainly privacy oriented providing you great service
  3. TorGuard is able to offer you all their services at pretty cheap price
  4. TorGuard has even managed to get around netflix and their spying on you

Now those who signed up only because people promoted that it works with streaming services, then netflix suddenly started to use new methods. So, basicly a lot complain without to know that they are very wrong. TorGuard offers also a good support, they gave most people 50% discount on fixed ip. 

Now those who got it, nobody reports here how good the connection is. I get same performance with stream ip like with 10gb servers, they are very stable and working pretty well.

TorGuard is not a service which offers you DNS tunneling, they do not offer such product and never did, they just worked because they took care about it before and like you can read what support wrote, they can't sustain changing it every 3-4 days and what for?? Then they should give all users fixed IP's for free at their own costs just because some bought VPN where they wanted DNS tunnel.

However, if you look only for DNS tunneling and you need it only for watching some other countries content on some streaming service instead of privacy, then you do not need VPN at all, check out DNS solution, especially if fixed IP for $ 3 is still not affordable/worth. If you care about your privacy, you will probably combine these products.

Check your ISP and what your ISP does, write to netflix and ask them for refund as they ask you to open your ass for them and every other person who would wish to use actually your confidential data to block you and when you got your answers, then come here to say that TorGuard is somehow bad because all of these companies spy on you, TorGuard cant do anything if you allow it ie. by using their Router which has direct remote access. Any of those who complained here, did anybody of you ask them (ISP, stream service...) for refund? No? You pay them $ 10 but you can take free one and buy a stream DNS tunneling and saving over 80% and you still complain? No, nobody? I though so.