TorGuard
WhosOnFirst

Selecting Fastest Server

Rate this question

Question

Greetings!

I've been trying to determine if there is a way to pick the fastest server every time I launch Torguard LT or Torguard Visc.  Currently, I do it manually by connecting, running a speed test, disconnecting...rinse repeat.  Takes longer sometimes as the servers don't always connect quickly.

I would like to automate this and was wondering if any way to do this with either app.

The communities thoughts / opinions / advice is appreciated!

Thanks!

• Like 2

33 answers to this question

Also looking for this feature. I actually chose Torguard over other VPNs because not only does it seem to offer the best speeds, also the lowest latency.

Kind of a side request, but people here are generally looking for bandwidth, I'm looking for lowest latency. If when this feature is implemented you could choose between the two that would be great. I would actually be willing to pay for servers that offer the lowest latency as well. I tried the 10Gbit package and it didn't do anything.

It would be nice to get this feature implemented. It's been a while since we heard anything about it. Hell at this point I'd be glad to get a we're still working on it from someone from torguard. 

While I agree on all points, this is a hard feature to implement and to implement correctly.

Most other VPN services will choose five servers across the world and then narrow it down to one or two to pick your best server; they'll usually choose their fastest servers. It's just a simple algorithm to determine where the user is.

Some others will have it so you can do a ping test across all the servers (I find it'll generally freeze up since it's pinging 30+ servers at the same time).

This feature is really nice to have, but it is difficult to implement correctly.

I still want the speed and flexibility of the current client, and don't want to lose on security or speed we currently have to get this.

On 10/5/2018 at 3:25 AM, soliusthesun said:

It would be nice to get this feature implemented. It's been a while since we heard anything about it. Hell at this point I'd be glad to get a we're still working on it from someone from torguard. 

Yes, I completely agree. I am coming from an other provider who has the live server details (latency, load etc) and provide the option for automated connection to the preferred server. I hugely miss this option in the torguard.