TorGuard
pk_

Torguard proxy DOESN'T work with qBittorrent 4.0.1 and higher

Rate this question

Question

I tried qBittorrent 4.0.1 and 4.0.4 and both totally failed to connect through Torguard. I setup the qBittorrent exactly as in the guide - https://torguard.net/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=241 , but the connection status was always shown offline, I played with different settings each time restarting qBittorrent by forcefully killing its process, but with no luck.

Only after I disabled the Torguard proxy in the qBittorrent 4.0.4 it started working normally.

I remember running into the same issue in the past and I read somewhere that the Torguard is NOT supported by qBittorren of 4.x.x versions. And it turned out to be 100% truth.

I downgraded the qBittorrent to version 3.3.15, and right away it started working normally, the network status was shown "on-line" and the downloads started.

Torguard team, I believe it is high time to fix the problem, even though the older versions of qBittorrent work, I believe the issue is still on your side.

Either you have to officially admit it Torguard doesn't work with qBittorrent of 4+ versions, or fix it.

And yes, I understand that due to the specific configuration differences it might still work for some of your customers even on qBittorrent of 4+ versions, but I also 100% sure I'm not alone with this problem.

11 answers to this question

On 4/9/2018 at 3:27 AM, Support said:

I will test this today and see whats going on - I will come back to you - thanks

Regards

We get an update on this yet?

It works for me but very slowly most likely because it shows my connection state as offline in qBittorrent v4.0.4.   Is this suppose to show offline?  At this rate the service is becoming useless for me as I purchased it only for the Socks5 torrent support as I do not need to run the client. If it's going to just about half most of my torrents I might as well drop this service.

Torguard either needs to test there service with qBittorrent 4.0.4 or put up new instructions on how to use with the latest qBittorrent as currently it's useless and doing me no good.

On 31/03/2018 at 9:15 PM, pk_ said:

I tried qBittorrent 4.0.1 and 4.0.4 and both totally failed to connect through Torguard. I setup the qBittorrent exactly as in the guide - https://torguard.net/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=241 , but the connection status was always shown offline, I played with different settings each time restarting qBittorrent by forcefully killing its process, but with no luck.

Only after I disabled the Torguard proxy in the qBittorrent 4.0.4 it started working normally.

I remember running into the same issue in the past and I read somewhere that the Torguard is NOT supported by qBittorren of 4.x.x versions. And it turned out to be 100% truth.

I downgraded the qBittorrent to version 3.3.15, and right away it started working normally, the network status was shown "on-line" and the downloads started.

Torguard team, I believe it is high time to fix the problem, even though the older versions of qBittorrent work, I believe the issue is still on your side.

Either you have to officially admit it Torguard doesn't work with qBittorrent of 4+ versions, or fix it.

And yes, I understand that due to the specific configuration differences it might still work for some of your customers even on qBittorrent of 4+ versions, but I also 100% sure I'm not alone with this problem.

Hi pk_

I just tested this version and it works just fine through our proxy - are you sure you have the correct credentials? in version 3.3.15, if you have the wrong credentials it will just download through your ISP without telling you your proxy credentials are wrong so it sounds to me your credentials are wrong.

Please visit the following url: https://torguard.net/managecredentials.php

Click "Generate Random Login" and use the details that are generated, note these down for future reference, they will now be your service login details, your billing login details will remain the same.

Regards

4 hours ago, molitar said:

It works for me but very slowly most likely because it shows my connection state as offline in qBittorrent v4.0.4.   Is this suppose to show offline?  At this rate the service is becoming useless for me as I purchased it only for the Socks5 torrent support as I do not need to run the client. If it's going to just about half most of my torrents I might as well drop this service.

Torguard either needs to test there service with qBittorrent 4.0.4 or put up new instructions on how to use with the latest qBittorrent as currently it's useless and doing me no good.

I will test this today and see whats going on - I will come back to you - thanks

Regards

On 4/28/2018 at 12:22 AM, molitar said:

I hope to get an answer soon.  I opened a ticket and never really got any resolution on this problem.

Is there resolution on this?  I'm having the same "Not Working" issue.  It doesn't say "Failure" or anything - just "Not Working". 

8 hours ago, Neon said:

this seems to have been fixed with qbt 4.1.1

I can confirm the latest build works - it appears to have been an issue with qBittorrent itself.

Regards

What's the difference between Proxy and VPN if I have the VPN and want to mask my ip for torrents? I'm using the client but have no idea how to check if its masking my IP