Company Name
goldieluxe

Torguard works when browsing internet but will no longer work with Utorrent

Rate this question

Question

I am a real novice at this stuff so please excuse anything dumb I say. But when I connect to a server via torguard, it connects fine and allows me to browse the internet, but when I try to start my downloads in Utorrent, it does not work. They stay suck at 0.0% and do not budge (they also have a red arrow). I also have a dedicated IP but that is not what I am using here as I only use that for Netflix. Is there a reason TorGuard would work for everything except Utorrent (which is the reason I bought it)?

5 answers to this question

5 hours ago, goldieluxe said:

I am a real novice at this stuff so please excuse anything dumb I say. But when I connect to a server via torguard, it connects fine and allows me to browse the internet, but when I try to start my downloads in Utorrent, it does not work. They stay suck at 0.0% and do not budge (they also have a red arrow). I also have a dedicated IP but that is not what I am using here as I only use that for Netflix. Is there a reason TorGuard would work for everything except Utorrent (which is the reason I bought it)?

Hi there - did you happen to setup a proxy in utorrent at the same time? what location do you normally connect to?

Regards

21 hours ago, Support said:

Hi there - did you happen to setup a proxy in utorrent at the same time? what location do you normally connect to?

Regards

No I haven't done anything like that, just been using it as usual. I normally connect to Sydney or Melbourne but neither of them worked so I tried New Zealand and that didn't work either.

5 hours ago, goldieluxe said:

No I haven't done anything like that, just been using it as usual. I normally connect to Sydney or Melbourne but neither of them worked so I tried New Zealand and that didn't work either.

If you connect with say LA, does it then work?

Regards

Connecting to LA (Asia Optimised) seems to have fixed the issue, thanks! Is this something I am going to have to do every time or is it a temporary issue?