TorGuard
Marco

Connection issue with new Seamless reconnect feature

Rate this question

Question

I have been testing the new Seamless reconnect feature of TorGuard Windows client v0.3.78 and I am having a weird issue.

I usually connect to the internet in my Windows 10 laptop via USB tethering my cellular network. Most of the times the network is stable. In the previous version, TorGuard v0.3.77, sometimes I randomly got disconnected and reconnected(most probably due to poor network reception?). The reconnect was automatic, I didn't have to do anything.

But With the new Seamless reconnect feature in v0.3.78 the reconnect doesn't happen when the network comes back and a popup appears saying reconnect failed. I tested the theory by switching mobile data on/off. On the Standard Seamless reconnect, the network will automatically reconnect. But with the New Seamless reconnect, I get the popup as seen in the attached image when I switch back the network ON.

Screenshot (24).jpg

3 answers to this question

Hello Marco

If you check to use the old seamless reconnect option under the network tab - does this reconnect successfully?

Regards

5 hours ago, Support said:

Hello Marco

If you check to use the old seamless reconnect option under the network tab - does this reconnect successfully?

Regards

If by "Old" you mean the "Standard" option then yes, I tested that and reconnection works successfully.