TorGuard
Marco

Auto enabling of disabled interfaces before connecting error

Rate this question

Question

So, in the TorGuard Windows client v0.3.78 I use the internet kill switch in the Network tab. I mainly connect via USB tethering and Wi-Fi so I have selected that two interfaces. And I have set "Enable disabled interfaces before connecting" to "yes" in the General tab.

But everytime I try to connect a dialog box popup saying "One or more interfaces can not be activated properly. Please activate them manually before continuing." Up to this point the TorGuard tray icon remains red. When I click "OK" in the aforementioned dialog box the internet connects automatically without me having to do anything.

Is this a bug? I have added an Imgur album here due to TorGuard's file size limit.

12 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Marco said:

Weirdly enough, no. I tried the versions available here and the problem persists. But I do remember the problem disappearing after the version released immediately succeeding v0.3.78.

Maybe the client is not detecting the interfaces' status correctly?

Marco, I tested and it works fine actually - it enables the interfaces and reconnects - it looks like you have 3 interfaces to disable/enable when you are only using the one, can you uncheck the wifi and ethernet and keep the USB tethering interface checked?

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the images 

Can i ask if you uncheck your USB Wifi interface and leave only the Wifi interface checked, does the problem still happen?

Regards

2 hours ago, Support said:

Thanks for the images 

Can i ask if you uncheck your USB Wifi interface and leave only the Wifi interface checked, does the problem still happen?

Regards

Yes. I deselected USB interface and only chose Wi-Fi but the error persists.

27 minutes ago, Marco said:

Yes. I deselected USB interface and only chose Wi-Fi but the error persists.

Thanks

Can you check if the selected interfaces are indeed enabled while the pop up is still there?

Regards

1 hour ago, Support said:

Thanks

Can you check if the selected interfaces are indeed enabled while the pop up is still there?

Regards

Yes, the selected interfaces are enabled while the pop up is still there.

Ok, we have had a look at this and found that it's just the timeout value we set, we set it too low.
- We wait 5 seconds to check if interfaces are enabled (we will make the timeout longer in the next version)
- After the timeout, we send the popup and block the application, so that the user has the time to adjust what went wrong (in this case nothing)
- The user can close the popup and the application go ahead as in the normal situation

I know that is quite unfriendly to do it every time, it will be fixed in the next version, sorry

Regards

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Support said:

Ok, we have had a look at this and found that it's just the timeout value we set, we set it too low.
- We wait 5 seconds to check if interfaces are enabled (we will make the timeout longer in the next version)
- After the timeout, we send the popup and block the application, so that the user has the time to adjust what went wrong (in this case nothing)
- The user can close the popup and the application go ahead as in the normal situation

I know that is quite unfriendly to do it every time, it will be fixed in the next version, sorry

Regards

Thanks for quick action. :-)

On 05/06/2018 at 10:16 AM, Marco said:

Hi @Support, I'm encountering this problem again in the latest version. Please see this.

Hi Marco

If you downgrade to the previous build, does it work again?

Regards

1 hour ago, Support said:

Hi Marco

If you downgrade to the previous build, does it work again?

Regards

Weirdly enough, no. I tried the versions available here and the problem persists. But I do remember the problem disappearing after the version released immediately succeeding v0.3.78.

Maybe the client is not detecting the interfaces' status correctly?

9 hours ago, Support said:

can you uncheck the wifi and ethernet and keep the USB tethering interface checked?

That seems to have done the trick! Thank you for your awesome support as always. 👍