TorGuard
rayjay110

TorGuard open vpn fatal error

Rate this question

Question

14 answers to this question

It was working fine till I updated, now  every time I turn computer on, I get this right away. Now it has changed to this. Also reverted the update 

Can i ask that you do the following to reinstall the TAP driver?

1) Uninstall all TAP drivers, go to >> Control Panel >> System and Security >> System >> Device Manager

2) Scroll down to Network Adapters, right-click the TAP drivers and uninstall them, deleting the driver too when asked

3) REBOOT - very important.

4) Restart the TG Client and it will prompt you to reinstall the TAP driver.

Then retry your connection.

Ok it looks like your using OpenConnect - if you disconnect, switch tunnel-type to OpenVPN and then retest, please.

Let me know if the same thing happens for you.

Thanks

We are currently having the same issue, I have followed the above and still no luck on openconnect and on openVPN it doesn't come up with the TAP message but also stops the browser opening anything or uTorrent downloading

13 hours ago, MissyMoo said:

We are currently having the same issue, I have followed the above and still no luck on openconnect and on openVPN it doesn't come up with the TAP message but also stops the browser opening anything or uTorrent downloading

Are you using the latest Tg Client as well? does this happen when your computer is waking from sleep or while using the VPN?

Regards

Hi, we uninstalled TG and reinstalled it so it should be the latest version but I am sure this all started after an update. It is version 0.3.78 like above

This comes up about a minute or so after connecting TG,it still seems to be working but has the message and the only way to turn close TG when the message is there is via task manager. I only turn TG on when I am DL as it slows my connection too much for day to day stuff.

I find this after the message has come up so I believe the issue to be in the TAP connection

image.thumb.png.5dd2ba182ce55d786f9755bcf4840498.png

4 minutes ago, MissyMoo said:

Hi, we uninstalled TG and reinstalled it so it should be the latest version but I am sure this all started after an update. It is version 0.3.78 like above

This comes up about a minute or so after connecting TG,it still seems to be working but has the message and the only way to turn close TG when the message is there is via task manager. I only turn TG on when I am DL as it slows my connection too much for day to day stuff.

I find this after the message has come up so I believe the issue to be in the TAP connection

image.thumb.png.5dd2ba182ce55d786f9755bcf4840498.png

Would it be possible for me to login and have a look at this for you via teamviewer? if so please open a ticket on our main support desk and send me the ticket number, it would would be great to see whats going on.

Thanks

On 2/10/2018 at 4:25 PM, MissyMoo said:

I concur, my uTorrent worked flawlessly before the recent update. I have been receiving the identical message, generally a view minutes after I launch the torrent client. Several hours wasted tinkering with settings. :(

Eureka! I believe the error happened during installation of the update. I'm fairly certain I selected the NDIS TAP driver meant for Windows XP. 

At first glance, I assumed I was picking the most recent update (silly misleading filename) Welp if anyone traverses by in the future with this error make sure you pick the right one> The upgrade tool doesn't lay it out for you ....