TorGuard
Robyn

iOS app connect/reconnect problems

Question

Hi Robyn

If you use many different Wifi hotspots it may be that on some of them block the ports required for IKEv2 but not plain ipsec or vice versa, IKEv2 is commonly blocked on some networks.

What version of the iOS are you running just now? have you tried the on-demand option, is this checked?

• Like 1

Hi Robyn

If IKev2 almost never works then something at your end must be blocking it,, i can guarantee these servers IKev2 are all working fine and im able to connect to them all, have you tried connecting to the "Direct IP" profiles in case there is an issue with resolving our hostnames? it could also be a cause for losing all connectivity when your phone wakes.

Regards

• Sad 1

I have just updated my iphone to ios 11.2.5 with the latest version of the app and i cant conect either i could before the ios update.

i put in my user and pw it then goes to sighn in and askes me for my touch id to add it to my vpn i do this and then it sit on the conecting screen with a small popup that keeps coming and going reli quick. It sez can not authenticate but i know my pw and user is correct

Edited by Zandr

Hi all working. The problem is that my pw has a capital at the begining. On the tg app it does not like me putting a capital but all working thanks

I am having pretty much the same issue. No matter what protocol or server I use the torguard app will not connect on my iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 11.2.6. I've tried reinstalling app, resetting network settings, full factory reset. However it does work fine on my iPad running iOS 10.3.3 my MacBook and a windows server. I have tried it on multiple networks, even on DMZ connections. The app simply won't create a connection on the iPhone. 

Same issue here. Using iPhone 8 Plus, 11.2.6. App has no connectivity. Auto-attempting to connect, repeated pop-up 'Authenticate failed'..

On 01/03/2018 at 12:15 PM, Richie225 said:

I am having pretty much the same issue. No matter what protocol or server I use the torguard app will not connect on my iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 11.2.6. I've tried reinstalling app, resetting network settings, full factory reset. However it does work fine on my iPad running iOS 10.3.3 my MacBook and a windows server. I have tried it on multiple networks, even on DMZ connections. The app simply won't create a connection on the iPhone. 

Hi - all locations can connect and so the servers are certainly available - does it happen also without using the app and using the built-in clients? IPSec and IKev2 by default on many modems are routers are blocked and you have to enable them through the firewall.

On 02/03/2018 at 6:10 PM, H31forum said:

Same issue here. Using iPhone 8 Plus, 11.2.6. App has no connectivity. Auto-attempting to connect, repeated pop-up 'Authenticate failed'..

Did you double check your credentials?

Same for me. Never makes a connection. Just upgraded to the VPN service just for this.

works like a charm on my iMac but both iPad and iPhone is a no go😖

EDIT: after changing password under credentials on this site it finally connected🙌

17 minutes ago, Kafferast said:

Same for me. Never makes a connection. Just upgraded to the VPN service just for this.

works like a charm on my iMac but both iPad and iPhone is a no go😖

Hey there, are you stuck in a connecting state?

Regards

7 minutes ago, Support said:

Hey there, are you stuck in a connecting state?

Regards

after changing password under credentials on this site it finally connected🙌

1 hour ago, Robyn said:

Are you still interested in this issue?

Hi Robyn - we have our devs looking for possible issues - i haven't had any update from them yet but i will find out first thing when you use them do you use them within your own network mostly or on your mobile network?

15 hours ago, Robyn said:

FYI: I noticed that Private Internet Access now has an iOS client in which OpenVPN can be selected as the VPN protocol instead of IPSEC/IKE. This seems to be in-built functionality and not a certificate generator which then needs to be opened by the separate OpenVPN Connect app, as some other VPN providers offer. It seems thus as if Apple is finally allowing providers to offer OpenVPN configurations directly! In case you did not know already, this might be nice information to pass on to your developers.

Hi - OpenVPN is an option but you still have to have the OpenVPN connect app installed.

We are adding this yes.

Regards

• Like 1