TorGuard
177947_1511348156

Amazon Video with dedicated IP not available

Rate this question

Question

Hello, has anybody tried to use Amazon Prime through VPN with a dedicated IP (US)? 

I was able to stream from Netflix but Amazon rejects with the following error message: Your device's Internet connection is using an HTTP proxy which prevents playing your video. Please close or disable any proxy programs and try again. For further assistance, please contact Amazon Customer Service at www.amazon.com/videohelp and refer to error 1042.

Amazon Help does not describe the details of error 1042.

Thanks in advance!

19 answers to this question

Hello,

The speed problem was yes but they where sold out extremely quickly - we have more coming in 4 weeks or less but we will have many many IP's this time.

We can take pre-orders if need be.

Regards

10 hours ago, Support said:

Hello,

The speed problem was yes but they where sold out extremely quickly - we have more coming in 4 weeks or less but we will have many many IP's this time.

We can take pre-orders if need be.

Regards

Do you have residential IP for California? Last time I subscribe to residential ip it only last for 2 days because of connection issue. This time all problem solved? If possible I want to move back again to residential IP

Hi Burhan, we have some fiber in the process of being installed at one of our DC's - we also are considering just now west or east coast installations, LA was one option.

Regards

I am having problems too, I bought more service and I thought I was getting a residential add on but apparently not.

I keep getting errors and the chat service seems to be off. Very disappointed

20 hours ago, NikkN said:

I am having problems too, I bought more service and I thought I was getting a residential add on but apparently not.

Hi NikkN

Did you open a support ticket by chance? if not please open one here and let me know the ticket number - i will then get you sorted out.

Regards

20 hours ago, NikkN said:

NikkN if you did buy a residential ip and you did it now there is a wait time on the residential ip for up to 4 weeks, if you like me got a streaming ip I got a replay back from support after 1h, but it does say it can take up to 48h after you have sent in your ticket

John1 did you order a residential IP  or are you just looking on the frontpage, I think DC no#2 will be up and running next week, you need to order it on your dashbord, and after that you get a email

Thanks for your Residential IP order - these IP's are not activated automatically, we require you to open a ticket entitled "Residential IP Request" here https://torguard.net/submitticket.php and our staff will review and assign your IP..

Best of luck

Dan_c. 

Did you get a residential IP? How is it working out for you?

I keep checking with support and am always told they are not ready. I have just asked again and am waiting for an response. 

On 06/04/2018 at 8:33 PM, john1 said:

Dan_c. 

Did you get a residential IP? How is it working out for you?

I keep checking with support and am always told they are not ready. I have just asked again and am waiting for an response. 

Hi - the ones we had initially are all assigned - we had an issue with Time Warner and their weird routing, we do have the new IP's just now that can be assigned but they are extremely slow due to the routing issue which we are waiting for them to fix before we releasing to clients, unfortunately, they take some time on doing things.

Regards

Hi John1

No I dont have one I stop  using torguard, as I did have some problem with the android app on my TV, the TV did not turn off, so I did have to take the power plug out to turn it off. It is only fun for so long. I did a trail on 3 days with Nordvpn no problem with the app but in the middle of a tv show it just stopped and then Netflix was telling me I was using unblock. I did sign up with expressvpn for 30 days  the only problem there was speed, torguard did fix the android app, and it works and also I will only have a one on the east coast

On 4/7/2018 at 5:43 PM, Support said:

Hi - the ones we had initially are all assigned - we had an issue with Time Warner and their weird routing, we do have the new IP's just now that can be assigned but they are extremely slow due to the routing issue which we are waiting for them to fix before we releasing to clients, unfortunately, they take some time on doing things.

Regards

What kind of speed are you getting? 

9 hours ago, john1 said:

What kind of speed are you getting? 

You wouldn't be seeing more than 20Mbps on these in there current state.

Regards

On 10/1/2018 at 8:46 PM, 177947_1511348156 said:

Hello, has anybody tried to use Amazon Prime through VPN with a dedicated IP (US)? 

I was able to stream from Netflix but Amazon rejects with the following error message: Your device's Internet connection is using an HTTP proxy which prevents playing your video. Please close or disable any proxy programs and try again. For further assistance, please contact Amazon Customer Service at www.amazon.com/videohelp and refer to error 1042.

Amazon Help does not describe the details of error 1042.

Thanks in advance!

Hi! I have the same issues. Have talked to support and as far as I can tell it has to do with your Amazon account not being from the US. This is funny because on a laptop browser I can access the service. This only happens when I access through a Prime app (android TV or phone).

Does anyone have an idea of how to solve this?

Thanks