TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  
portolan

Torguard Stay Connected on Amazon Firestick

Rate this question

Question

Hi all: Happy New Year! I am using Torguard VPN on my Amazon Firestick. It is working great! One thing I would like to know - Is there a way to set things up so that Torguard stays connected on the Firestick even if the TV is off? When I turn on the TV, I have to go into the Amazon Firestick menu to the apps icon. I have to then go to manage apps and locate Torguard. Then I have to hit the connect button and then proceed from there. Is there a way to have Torguard automatically connect when the TV is turned on without me having to do it manually? The Firestick is powered independently of the tv with its own power cord. Can I not keep Torguard connected even if the TV is off?  Thanks so very much.

3 answers to this question

Hi I dont have answer to your question, i was wondering how you managed to install the torguard on firestick.  I've looked and i have had no luck.

On 4/2/2018 at 4:01 PM, DrPig said:

Hi I dont have answer to your question, i was wondering how you managed to install the torguard on firestick.  I've looked and i have had no luck.

Sideload the Android APK here: https://torguard.net/downloads.php 

You should be able to do a quick online search of how to sideload apps.  Good luck!

On 1/1/2018 at 11:45 AM, portolan said:

Hi all: Happy New Year! I am using Torguard VPN on my Amazon Firestick. It is working great! One thing I would like to know - Is there a way to set things up so that Torguard stays connected on the Firestick even if the TV is off? When I turn on the TV, I have to go into the Amazon Firestick menu to the apps icon. I have to then go to manage apps and locate Torguard. Then I have to hit the connect button and then proceed from there. Is there a way to have Torguard automatically connect when the TV is turned on without me having to do it manually? The Firestick is powered independently of the tv with its own power cord. Can I not keep Torguard connected even if the TV is off?  Thanks so very much.

Torguard still runs in the background for me as long as I don't close it out.  I've turned off just my TV at night and wake up my Fire TV the next morning to have Torguard still running.