TorGuard
Ashraf

Help me determine the best VPN protocol for me.

Rate this question

Question

Hello,

I've been using Torguard for 3 months now and i absolutely love it, best vpn service i have used by far. With every update new ports/options become available and i want  to ensure i am using what's best for my needs.

I mainly use VPN for gaming, browsing, and streaming since my ISP now use DPI not every port works for me, for the past month i've been using stealth vpn (netherlands server as i am in Egypt) which works fine but recently it started giving me trouble(Random disconnects) so i started wondering what Protocol/Port would be the best for every category:

- Ping

- Speed

UDP Stealth with GSM at best gives me around 12-14mb of my original 16mb speed and decent pings to europe server but it's not stable at all as every other hour it just disconnects and goes to waiting then takes time to reconnect unless i try manually 3-4 times.

Help would be appreciated,

Regards,

Ashraf

4 answers to this question

Hello Ashraf

Thanks for your feedback

We recently added STunnel to our latest app version 0.3.77 - we have found that users have been able to max there speeds more and stabilise there connections - have you tried this option yet?

Does OpenConnect work for you under the tunnel-type menu?

Regards

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

Which port/cipher is the best for stunnel?

OpenConnect works  and while it gives overall fast download speed the ping is usually very high.

On 17/12/2017 at 12:36 PM, Ashraf said:

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

Which port/cipher is the best for stunnel?

OpenConnect works  and while it gives overall fast download speed the ping is usually very high.

Stunnel is available on all our TCP ports - port 443 TCP is a good port to use - especially in your area although all ports should work just fine unless those ports are specifically blocked.

Regards