TorGuard

Question

I'm trying to use the Firefox extension and I saved my login name & password in its settings.  However, every time I quit and restart Firefox, I get a slide-down pane that asks for the login name/password again.  If I hit "cancel", it just comes back immediately.  It's really annoying because it blocks all interaction with any other part of Firefox including the menu.  If I don't feel like looking up my login credentials yet again, I have no choice but to click cancel a thousand times while trying to click on the "Tools > Add-ons" menu so I can disable the damned thing.  Sometimes I'll get lucky and it delays by one or two seconds, giving me just enough time to get into the Add-ons screen to click "disable".

Why doesn't it simply remember/save my TorGuard login credentials after a quit/restart?

At the very least, if I click "cancel" then it should just disconnect itself and GO AWAY -> do not keep asking me for the login!

5a1afae2e00d3_ScreenShot2017-11-26at11_31_13AM.thumb.png.0e5b071b7fb09d6b90a949287e72b4b3.png

2 answers to this question

Hi, what version of Firefox  do you have and proxy extension displayed version ?  I see you specificed FF 57 and 1.4.4 extension. Do you mean when you first enable extension and connect proxy it works ok and connect fine, but then on restart this happens, try under settings to uncheck "Alwayson" click save if helps.

On 11/26/2017 at 1:59 PM, Mike said:

Hi, what version of Firefox  do you have and proxy extension displayed version ?  I see you specificed FF 57 and 1.4.4 extension. Do you mean when you first enable extension and connect proxy it works ok and connect fine, but then on restart this happens, try under settings to uncheck "Alwayson" click save if helps.

Yes, works fine until I quit Firefox and start it back up again.

"AlwaysOn" is not checked; it never was checked because I want to turn it on/off as needed.

Regardless, whatever the issue, there is a major GUI bug here.  When one hits the "cancel" button, the pane should go away... otherwise, what's the point of a "cancel" button if your only way out is to fill in the form because all other functions/menus/etc are blocked from any user input or access... I can't even open the TG settings!  It's like nobody is testing this software for various common usage cases.