TorGuard
Support

TG Client Interface

Rate this topic

TG Client Interface  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the current TG Client interface or does it need a refresh?

• Im happy with the current interface..
    • It needs a re-design..
    • Doesnâ??t bother me as long as it keeps me safe..

Let us know how you feel about our current design - do we need to change it or are you quite happy how it is ?

We have mixed feelings about our design so we are trying to find  out what most of you guys thing.

Regards

I'm on the fence with this. I'm coming from PIA so their apps are the only other VPN software I have experience with. 

The Android app:

Visually It's good as it is, I like the black theme.  All the relevant info is displayed right up front with no distractions.  The only things missing: 

2) a help tab/button to explain some of the options in settings.  Like when to enable LAN bypass or change Server IP lookup. 

3) If I had to be picky I'd say a choice of light or dark themes.  

1) a kill switch.  I know it's not visual but it's more important than all the rest combined.

The iOS iPad app:

1) icon looks kinda bland

2) rotation doesn't seem to want to switch to landscape view. 

3) all that white is like looking into the sun at night. A dark/black theme would be nice. 

Doesnâ??t bother me as long as it keeps me safe..

Design is a bit outdated but I'd prefer to see quality of service over UI with the desktop app (macOS). ON the other hand, the iOS app needs a refresher always crashing for me! :(

I like how it's fast and efficient.  Only thing I'd want is either a recommended server tab that shows closest servers by ping. I travel so much for work that it's nice to see the closest server. Also load information would help too. I really like the speed of the client though compared to other providers that I use.

Thanks for your feedback - we are working on the best way to implement a feature that allows you to either pick the best location based on ping or load, we are working on this.

Regards

I would like to see the check box for the "Executed Scripts" on the client interface so I can check and uncheck it without having to disconnect from a server. This is a pain because i often use a script that automatically shuts down my laptop if Torguard disconnects from the server when I'm torrenting overnight. 

If I want to change the server when I'm using this script I have to shut down my laptop because you have to disconnect from the server in order to go into the settings on the client interface.

There I've said it  :)

The only thing I would like is for say the ability to change options or configure things even while the vpn is connected. Being able to do so then reload the app would be great. I mean the windows torguard client. Right now you can configure anything on the fly, as once you connect you lose all control