TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  
willetlinks

VPN for Arch Linux 64 "App kill" stopped working

Rate this question

Question

I have recently updated arch linux (antergos) to Linux 4.11.9-1-ARCH x86_64, suddenly the "app kill" feature in the client just stopped completely working. I tried to test each individual application using the test button and nothing happens either. This feature is very important, are there any tricks to try to get it working again? I am using v0.3.69.

12 answers to this question

Bump. I wanted to add that I confirmed this issue on another computer after upgrading to the above mentioned kernel version. I also deleted the VPNetworkLLC folder in .config to reset the settings, but still the same results.

Guys we are working on this and will have an update on this soon.

Regards

​Just checking to see if there is any progress on this? This feature is very important when using the VPN, otherwise it leaves a possible vulnerability.

​Just checking to see if there is any progress on this? This feature is very important when using the VPN, otherwise it leaves a possible vulnerability.

Could we send a test build to check and see if it solves your issues ?

Regards

• Like 1

Let me know how this one works for you - thanks

torguard-v0.3.71-pre.42+g5b09ee3.dev-amd64-arch.tar.gz

Regards

​I tried this build, but unfortunately it did not work. I also tried the next two builds torguard-v0.3.71-pre.51+ge080cd1.dev-amd64-arch.tar.gz and torguard-v0.3.71-pre.54+g3f0aaac.dev-amd64-arch.tar.gz without success.

​

​While clicking on "test" to try killing an app, in terminal it shows the process command, but no effect to the actual app.

​I tried this build, but unfortunately it did not work. I also tried the next two builds torguard-v0.3.71-pre.51+ge080cd1.dev-amd64-arch.tar.gz and torguard-v0.3.71-pre.54+g3f0aaac.dev-amd64-arch.tar.gz without success.

​

​While clicking on "test" to try killing an app, in terminal it shows the process command, but no effect to the actual app.

Strange - im unable to reproduce this, what kernel version are you running ?

• Like 1

Strange - im unable to reproduce this, what kernel version are you running ?

​I'm on kernel 4.13.3-1-ARCH x86_64, thanks for replying with that because you gave me an idea. I tried a different desktop environment, Openbox, and the app kill function started working again. The issue with me seems to be a problem with Gnome 3.24.2, can you try with that?