The 2014 World Cup officially kicks off at 4 p.m. EST on Thursday with Brazil and Croatia playing the first match. Short of heading over to your local sports bar, how can one catch the action and stream the world cup?
The answer really depends on your own geographic location and whether you have a US cable or satellite subscription.
If you live in the USA and happen to have a paid cable or satellite TV subscription then you are in luck. ESPN is planning to stream all 64 of the World Cup matches online through the WatchESPN website and WatchESPN apps for tablets and smartphones. To access just visit the site and download the app, then select your cable provider and sign in. If you happen to be traveling abroad you must first connect to a USA based TorGuard server before logging in. Your cable provider must be one that supports “TV Everywhere” options with ESPN. Supporting providers include AT&T U-Verse, Comcast, Cox, Dish and Time Warner, but sadly not Direct TV.
If your cable provider isn’t on the list, or you just don’t have cable, there are other alternatives.
There are many online content providers that are streaming the games completely free. The only catch is these streams will be blocked from viewers living outside the country. To bypass this block, you must first connect to the supporting country’s VPN server in TorGuard’s VPN software. Once connected, visit the website from the chart below to start streaming World Cup coverage for free:
|Russia||>> Stream via 1TV with Russia VPN Service.|
|Sweden||>> Stream via SVT with Swedish VPN Service.|
|Italy…||>> Stream via RAI with Italy VPN Service.|
|Germany||>> Stream via ZDF with German VPN Service.|
|Canada||>> Stream via CBC with Canada VPN Service.|
|Australia||>> Stream via SBS with Australia VPN Service.|
|UK…||>> Stream via BBC with UK VPN Service.|
|USA…||>> Stream via ESPN with USA VPN Service.|
Get TorGuard’s premium anonymous VPN service to enhance your online privacy and protect your online identity. With TorGuard, you can have military grade VPN encryption guarding your internet connection and a virtual presence in over 34 countries. Why use TorGuard to hide your IP address?
– Get FIVE simultaneous connections on all your devices.
– Easy Setup on any system: Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS
– VPN Service for as low as $4.99 / month, Access 330+ IP’s in over 34+ countries
– Automatically Update newest TorGuard Servers, No Complicated Install or Setup
– TorGuard app supports easy OpenVPN install on Android from Google Play
– Unblock censorship anywhere in the world and Fully encrypt your downloads / browsing
– Fast connections with 100% Uptime featuring Unlimited Bandwidth and Speeds
– 24/7 365 Support For Help – Real people with real answers.