Taking a different approach to downloading Torrents, Bitcomet provides everything a torrent downloader could want – and more! It’s almost as if someone took the best features of Windows Explorer and crossed them together with the most popular features from Bittorrent. The result? Once of the fastest and most feature rich torrent proxy clients available today for Windows based systems.
To say that our staff was impressed during speed tests is to put things lightly. Bitcomet not only provides some of the best speed performance we’ve ever seen on a torrent client, it also provides top notch proxy security. During our torrent proxy testing, we had no issues in obtaining fast speeds through the proxy and connecting to a vast amount of peers with ease. This torrent client also offers the most stable download sessions with fewest proxy timeouts. Other torrent solutions like *cough* utorrent *cough* can’t always say the same.
Setting up an anonymous bittorrent proxy with Bitcomet is very easy and can be done in the following steps. First, visit bitcomet.com and install the 32bit or 64bit client option. Then fire up Bitcomet and click Tools, then Options as seen in the image below:
Next, under connection click the proxy icon. For proxy type, select Socks5. For proxy server and port, enter “proxy.torguard.tg” and “1080”. Finally, check the “Authentication Required” box and enter your TorGuard proxy username and password. Click the “apply” button and that is it! You have now configured BitComet to tunnel all traffic through an anonymous torrent proxy.
Bitcomet’s feature list doesn’t just stop at proxy security. With a massive list of features and plugins, this torrent client can very well replace all other download managers. Here is a full list of features:
- Long-Term Seeding: Speed up downloading and revive dead torrents
- Torrent Share: Exchange torrent while downloading
- Magnet URI: Start BitTorrent download without .torrent file any more, using DHT network.
- Preview while Downloading: Preview of .avi .rmvb .wmv and other video files is available during downloading process.
- Cross Protocol Downloading: Benefit from HTTP/FTP/eMule download sources while BitTorrent downloading.
- Align File to Piece Boundary: Better for making torrent, fully compatible with old versions.
- Intelligent Connection Optimization: Configuration is automatically set to match your connection type.
- Intelligent Disk Cache: Memory cache is used to reduce the read/write frequency of your hard drive, increasing device life.
- Intelligent Disk Allocation: Reduce disk fragmentation.
- DHT network: Start BitTorrent download without connecting to any tracker.
- Auto Config ICF (Internet Connection Firewall) and ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) in Windows.
- Auto Config UPNP port mapping in router (UPnP support is required in router).
- Disabling or Setting Priority of files in torrent: Files can be skipped for downloading, or set to higher / lower priority, allowing you to select which file finish first.
- Also support Multi-tracker, DHT, utf-8 extension, and UDP tracker Protocol v2.
- HTTP/FTP DownloadInnovative P2P Technology
- P2P downloading: BitTorrent technology is integrated into HTTP/FTP download, with which BitComet automatically finds other clients and gets data from them to increase your download speed，without additional bandwidth usage of the HTTP server.
- Intelligent File Rename: Automatic choose the best name for your download file.
- Preview while Downloading: Preview of avi, rmvb, wmv and other video files is available during downloading process.
- Quick Resume: Stopped download tasks can be resumed from where they left off from both HTTP and FTP servers.
- Multi-Mirror download: Mirror servers are automatically found for the file being downloaded. Data from these servers are downloaded at the same time to increase download speed 300% or more.
- Multi-Section download: Files are split into several sections which are downloaded at the same time to increase the download speed up to 500% or more.
- Multi-Language Support: Multi-language web pages and encoded URLs can be correctly handled.