Get the best iPad Air VPN with TorGuard. Many people think that VPNs are only needed for computers, or that they don’t even need VPN on their mobile devices. Tons of people buy iPhones, iPads, and even Macs for their quality security. But for all of their polish, beauty, and great design–these devices are still connected to the internet, and the internet is a great place for things to leak in–or your information to leak out.
There’re plenty of reasons to use an iPad VPN on an iPad air.
- Most internet hotspots available have very little security, and if you share the internet with strangers who can find your IP address–they can also find other information as well.
- It’s not very hard to get information from people sharing the same unsecured internet. Many methods of securing cookies, login information, or setting up fake WiFi signals are relatively uncomplicated and easy for malicious users to do.
- Most At&T hotspots even recommend using a VPN.
- The same benefits of VPN technology on your computer apply on your iPad. With VPN on your iPad, you can get unrestricted access to the content you want–like Netflix and BBC iPlayer–even if you’re not in the right country to do so. VPN also comes with state of the art encryption to ensure your sensitive information on your iPad stays safe. If you’re sick or just creeped out by ads tracking your history, you can also rely on a VPN to encrypt your traffic and interrupt cookies to prevent targeted ads.
- It’s extremely easy to set up on your iPad. Setting up VPN on your iPad is just as easy as it is on your computer. Your first step should be locating and then downloading the Torguard app from the App Store. Once the app is downloaded, launch it and then you’ll be asked to approve VPN server settings once you put in your login information. Once you tap “allow” it’ll take you to the settings. If it automatically takes you back to the Torguard App, go back and make sure that the VPN status is set to “Connected” in your settings. Once you’re connected, you will have a small “VPN” icon on the top of the iPad near the time as well as a connected status in the settings.
If you prefer to use the OpenVPN app, you can also set up your TorGuard VPN that way as well. Just download it from the app store, then connect your iPad to iTunes on your computer. Click “iPad”, then applications, and scroll down through your apps and select OpenVPN. Under the OpenVPN documents, click the “Add” button. From here, add the TorGuard iPad VPN config files to iTunes. Once you’re on your iPad, you should see a message saying that “New profiles are available”. Click the green + icon on each server that you want to import onto your iPad. To connect, just tap the server location you wish to connect to and enter your TorGuard VPN username and password. TorGuard VPN is the best VPN for iPad. With over 1200 servers in 42+ locations, highly encrypted security with multiple proxies, extensions, Stealth VPN, and extensions for every platform–you’re sure to find a perfect fit.