| OpenVPN is the most common used tool when securing your connection with a VPN. There are many advantages of OpenVPN over PPTP which is available built-in on the iPhone. You will get faster speed, more reliability and more server locations of your desire by using OpenVPN as the VPN protocol.
Note: This tutorial requires your iphone to be jailbroken! This process is for advanced users only - To jailbreak your ios device you can view the links below.
Here are the steps to successfully install openVPN in your iOS device (iPhone, iPod, iPad).
1. Jailbreak your phone. If you don't know how to jailbreak your device, click your desired tutorial below.
2. After successful jailbreak, open Cydia and go to the "Search" tab and search "GuizmOVPN"
3. Select "GuizmOVPN" and tap "Install"
4. Tap "Confirm"
5. Tap "Restart SpringBoard"
6. Done! Enjoy!
Part 2: Now that GuizmoOVPN is installed, we can now setup your VPN servers:
1. Next start "GuizmOVPN".... Once started, select "Download new configuration"
3. Scroll to the bottom of the provider lists and select "other". You will be prompted to provide a download URL or local file to select your config file.
TorGuard members have access to 20+ IP's... Here are six example server configs you can download directly to your device:
Further connections can be setup using the ovpn + crt files provided when you signup for service. Just add each connection to it's own zip file like seen above and copy to your device.
4. Next, enter the name of the connection and select "auto send" credentials to be set to ON. Click SAVE to return to the main screen.
5. Tap ON to establish the OpenVPN connection to the server. Depending on your setup, you may be prompted to enter your VPN password here.
to disconnect, return to this same screen and select OFF.
6. Done! Enjoy your secure VPN connection on your iphone, ipad or ipod!